Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Name Game

Justin and I named our "to-be" children way before we were even engaged.  We always knew we wanted kids and we quickly agreed on the names of our future little ones.  When we found out I was pregnant on January 30, we started talking about the names we had talked about years ago. 

We find out the gender of our sweet little peanut one week from today and we are so incredibly excited to know.  My Mom and Nana get to town on Tuesday - and then Wednesday at 2:15pm we will be anxiously awaiting the big news in Dr. Alexander's office.  We could have found out what we are having at 20 weeks but are so glad that we decided to wait until my family came in town.  Being across the country from our loved ones is difficult, especially now, so my family will be here for the big gender reveal and Justin's family will be in town for our labor and delivery tour at the hospital.  :)

So without further adieu, let me introduce to you the names we have chosen...  If we are blessed with a little boy, he will be Maximilian "Max" Franklin.  Max is a name that we both had always liked - while we know we have just given our baby boy the longest name in the history of names, Justin was set on "Maximilian" but we will always call him "Max" - and I like it too; it sounds like we are totally setting up this kid to be something super famous when he grows up.  Franklin is my family's last name and it will be incredibly special for me to honor my family by giving our child the "Franklin" name.  Justin figured we were already honoring the "Kirkpatrick" name since that will obviously be our child's last name.  If we are blessed with a little girl, she will be Morgan Belle.  Morgan is named after Morgantown, WV where Justin and I grew up and met.  Belle is a name that just kind of hit us one night and we really liked it - it honors our first little girl, Elle and Lauren's favorite childhood movie of Beauty and the Beast. 

We look forward to letting you all know which it will be here in a week!  Stay tuned!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment