Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mom and Nana visit Cali!

As I mentioned in my earlier post, my Mom and Nana flew to California to be a part of the gender-reveal ultrasound.  Though that was certainly the "main event" of their visit, we had other fun things in store for them.  They arrived in San Francisco on June 14 and were ready to go exploring our new home state.  For the next eight days, we traveled, ate delicious food, and enjoyed one another's company.  Some highlights of our trip: Big Sur, Bixby Bridge, Napa Valley, 17 Mile Drive, Pebble Beach, the Monterey Peninsula area, San Francisco, Sausalito, and the list goes on... 

When we talked about moving clear across country to California, I asked my Nana if she'd come visit.  She does not like to fly and hadn't done so since the 70s.  She assured me that she would - thought I highly doubted it.  I swear it was like seeing a mirage when we met them at baggage claim at the SFO airport.  It was amazing.  We felt so blessed that my Mom and Nana had traveled such a long distance to come spend a week with us and to witness with us one of the most special moments in our lives - the ultrasound of our baby girl. 

While we hated to say "goodbye" to them at the end of their visit - we will hold on to the memories that we made together while they were here... and in three days we are off to Hawaii!  :) 

Hanging out with the Naval Postgrad School mascot!

At Bixby Bridge

In Big Sur

Drinkin' Buddies at a winery in Napa

At Sequoia Grove Winery in Napa

At V. Sattui in Napa

At V. Sattui

23 weeks pregnant - with new purchases for baby Morgan Belle!

Justin's first Father's Day!

With the Lone Cypress off of 17 Mile Drive in Pebble Beach

Nana's first s'mores!  On Pebble Beach
The 18th green at Pebble Beach

Lunch at Doris Day's in Carmel-by-the-Sea

Mom and me in San Francisco


No comments:

Post a Comment