Saturday, April 30, 2011

Fun Times Back Home in PA

April 20th, I headed to the San Francisco International Airport to catch my cross-country flight home to Pennsylvania.  The trip began at 4:30am catching the Monterey Air Bus to the airport and after stops in Denver and Chicago, I finally made it to Pittsburgh at midnight - and then finally home to Hopwood at nearly 2am - on my birthday!  I stayed in PA for 10 days and enjoyed every single minute of my time spent with my Mom and Nana and was even lucky enough to see my in-laws, Mike, Sally, and sister Megan and a couple sweet friends, Anna and Keli.  What a trip!  I've always loved my trips home but now living so far away, I cherish these moments even more.

I made sure to leave Justin totally prepared for his 10 days living as a bachelor.  This was the freezer when I left - and this isn't even the half of it!

Nana and me on my 27th birthday!

Celebrating my 27th birthday with my Mom!

The afternoon of my 27th birthday, we headed to Lexington, KY for a fun weekend of horse races.  Keeneland has become somewhat of a tradition in our family - we love going to the Bluegrass State and really enjoy going to the races to bet on the beautiful horses.  We attended Keeneland on April 22, an unfortunately gloomy, rainy day.  We made the most of it though - not even the rain could dampen the amount of fun we have when we're together!  

We met several famous jockeys in a benefit for the Disabled Jockey Fund, including Pat Day and Chris McCarron (above).

My amazing Mom and Nana.

Mom and me :)

Nana and me :)

15 week baby bump picture taken at Keeneland!

The Three Musketeers

We made it back to Hopwood in time to celebrate Easter and Mom's birthday!  We enjoyed a morning of worship, Easter basket opening (Justin had even mailed me one to Hopwood - he's so cute!), and a delicious Easter brunch buffet at The Waterfront in Morgantown with the Kirkpatrick's.  The only thing missing?  My sweet husband who had to stay behind and go to school.  Boo!

My Nana, me, my Mom, Sally, Megan, and Mike after Easter Brunch.

Mom's birthday!

I was lucky enough to get to meet my sweet friend, Anna Carrier, for lunch one day while in Morgantown.  She and I grew up together and hadn't seen each other in a really long time.  We acted as if no time had passed and talked for hours while enjoying Mexican cuisine at Rio.  She was even sweet enough to bring me some of her delicious cupcakes from her new business, The Cupcakerie!  For all of you friends from Morgantown reading this, do yourself a favor and indulge in her cupcakes - delish!  :)

I always consider myself lucky when I am home during the monthly Birthday Club luncheon.  My Nana belongs to this fun group and I love when I can join in on the good company, fun conversation, and yummy food.  This month, we were celebrating Mrs. Young's birthday! 

And this is what was waiting for me when I returned home late on April 30.  After another day of all day travel (Pittsburgh to Phoenix to LA to San Francisco) I was surprised by the spread that Justin had waiting at the dining room table.  A Henckles knife set, a brown and lime green Coach handbag to match my diaper bag, a blue and white Coach handbag, accessories for my laptop, a dozen red roses, and a cake!  Goodness I have a thoughtful husband.  I missed him so much and it felt great to be back at our "home sweet home" together after a fun trip to PA.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures!! I am so glad you had a wonderful time at home with your mom and Nana!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was soooo wonderful to see you, Lauren! I absolutely LOVE my cupcake candles!!! It was so sweet of you to bring these all the way from CA for me!!! I really hope to see you MUCH sooner rather than later! XOXOXOXO

    P.S. CAN'T WAIT to find out which beautiful nursery theme you get to go with! ;-)

    ReplyDelete